Strip solution (Elution) Heating Systems
Protherm Systems are actively involved in the design, manufacture supply of pre-assembled and skid mounted gold elution plant and have supplied many such installations to the gold mining industry. Elution systems and equipment suitable for both ZADRA and AARL elution processes
Selection dependent upon availability and cost of energy at site.
- Fired systems utilising diesel oil, heavy fuel oil, and gas
- Electrical heaters
Heating Media (Primary Heat Exchangers)
- Systems utilising thermal oil
- Systems utilising pressure hot water
- Systems utilising steam
Primary Heat Input Exchangers (Heating to 1300C)
- For thermal oil systems, shell and tube heat exchangers are generally specified
- For pressure hot water systems Thermowave plate heat exchangers can be used.
Secondary Heat Recovery Exchangers
- Thermowave Plate Heat Exchangers are the most economic heat exchanger choice.
- Multiple shell, shell and tube heat exchangers are sometimes specified for heat recovery. Units feature floating head removable tube bundles with cleaning lanes to enable cleaning of tube externally as well as internally.
- Elution heating Systems are pre-assembled and tested in the shop complete with pre-fabricated piping all welded. The footprint and layout for pre-assembled system would conform with the site arrangement which are constructed in accordance with the applicable general arrangement drawings. Components and prefabricated piping pieces are match marked prior to dismantling and shipment thus greatly simplifying on site erection and installation.
- Smaller systems can be skid mounted and shipped to site as skid mounted modules.
- Smaller systems can be installed into standard shipping containers (pre-owned) complete with piping electrical and control wiring including MCC and lighting as well as the eluant tank and thermal insulation. Such plant can be pre-commissioned in the shop prior to dispatch. On site, system is connected to services and is essentially ‘ready to run’. Ideal system for smaller gold mines.